The purpose of this policy is to set out members’ privacy rights and to document the framework that U3A Bendigo will apply when collecting, storing and using members’ personal information.
This policy applies to any information collected by U3A Bendigo that can be used to identify an individual member. We may collect and record the following types of personal information about members from information provided by the members themselves on Application Forms:
- postal, street and/or email addresses
- telephone contact number/s
- previous profession or occupation
- skills or interests
- emergency contact details
- image (photo or video)
- other information you provide to us through member surveys or for other purposes
U3A Bendigo will collect personal information about each member directly from the member in question. This will be done through membership and activity registration processes. From time to time, other information may be collected via a survey or by other methods.
Approval to use a recording of a member’s image/s or audio in U3A Bendigo
publications offline or online, will be sought using the Model Release forms;
members who decline to permit use of their image will be required to remove themselves from view in any videos or photographs.
U3A Bendigo collects personal information from members so that we can provide services and perform functions that are consistent with our constitution, including:
- making activities and courses available to members
- for communication, administrative, marketing, and planning purposes
- for program development, quality control and research purposes
- maintaining accurate and up-to-date membership records
Become a Member now:
- only collect information that is consistent with our primary purpose and constitution
- inform members of the reason why information is collected and how it is administered
- inform members that any personal information held about them is accessible to them
- take all reasonable steps to ensure that personal information on and off line is accurate and up-to-date . This relies on members to advise us.
- take all reasonable steps to ensure that personal information on and off
- line is protected from misuse, loss and unauthorised access
- Members’ personal information will not be made available to others for direct marketing purposes, shared or disclosed other than as described in this policy
- U3A Bendigo may disclose your personal information, for purposes that are directly relevant to our Constitution eg to Volunteers, Convenors and members of the Committee of Management.
- Aggregate information only could also be disclosed to related organisations, eg U3A Network Victoria Inc
- Our email and Internet service providers implement data encryption standards to provide a reasonable assurance of secure message transmission, but we cannot provide any assurance regarding the security of transmission of information you communicate to us via the Internet and these communications will be at members’ own risk.
- Personal information is entered into U3As’ Membership and Administration System (UMAS) mostly from Membership Application forms and Members’ updates.
- Membership Application forms are then stored in filing cabinets, until being archived.Procedures
- Members may request access to any personal information U3A Bendigo Incorporated holds about them by contacting the Data Privacy & Security Manager who will provide a suitable means of accessing the information
- Where a member believes that personal information held about him/her is incomplete or inaccurate the member may ask the Data Privacy & Security Manager to amend it
- Where a member believes their privacy has been breached, they should contact the Secretary and provide details of the incident so that it can be investigated
- Any questions or concerns about this policy, or a complaint regarding the treatment of personal information, should be referred to the Secretary.
U3A Bendigo Incorporated Mobile: 0490 858 469
- U3A Bendigo will treat confidentially all requests or complaints lodged regarding this policy. We will contact members within a reasonable time after receipt of their complaint to discuss the concerns and to outline options regarding how they may be resolved. We aim to ensure that your complaint is resolved in a timely, impartial and appropriate manner.
U3A Bendigo’s Committee of Management is responsible for:
- developing, adopting, implementing and publishing this policy
- collecting, storing and using members personal information in accordance with this policy
- investigating complaints about the handling of personal information
- approving access to personal information consistent with this policy
- monitoring and revising this policy as and when the need arises.
The Secretary is responsible for:
- receiving enquiries about this policy and complaints about a potential breach of this policy and, for bringing a complaint before the Committee of Management for investigation and resolution, in a timely manner.
The Data Privacy & Security Manager is responsible for:
- responding to a member’s request for access to their personal information held by U3A Bendigo about that member and for requests
to correct personal information that is believed to be inaccurate or out of date.