Please Note: The information here is for the benefit of U3A Members and mostly comes from the Chief Health Officer Daily Updates. It is not an interpretation, or about the future unless this is contained in the Chief Health Officer Advices. Please use Links provided and you’re also strongly encouraged to research information yourselves.
The Chief Health Officer’s directions – Last Page Update 31 July 2021
Table of Restrictions coming out of Lockdown
Summary of restrictions for Community Centres
From 11:59pm on Tuesday 27 July 2021:
- restrictions are in place in community facilities including libraries, and can open with density requirements of 1 person per 4sqm, with no more than 100 people per indoor space and 300 people per outdoor space.
- Community facilities are required to have a COVID Check-in Marshal monitoring patrons checking-in using the Service Victoria app.
- Outdoor communal exercise, skateparks or playground equipment space are open for use by the public.
- Face masks must be worn indoors and outdoors unless an exception applies. For more information, refer to: face masks.
- You must check in at the venue using the Service Victoria QR code app, regardless of the duration of your visit.
- If you are feeling unwell, do not attend a community facility. Stay home and get tested.
U3A Bendigo Activities
U3A Bendigo Incorporated opened its doors from midnight, 27th July following announcements from the State Government. We continue to follow State Government advice and we look forward to welcoming you back at St Mary’s, where we all need to work to maintain a Covid-safe environment.
We understand that U3A Bendigo is important to you, so please stay safe and connected via the usual channels and check this website for up-to-date information.
Please keep in touch with your Convenor regarding start dates for your activities.
At St Mary’s restrictions will be lifted slowly so it’s vital that Cleaning, record keeping, and other COVIDSafe requirements will continue to apply to all venues and facilities with on-site operations. All members are required to use the Victorian Government QR Code Service and to ensure that attendance records are maintained.
It is mandatory for masks to be worn. All Businesses must have an active, up-to-date COVIDSafe Plan. Businesses that fail to do the right thing face significant fines.
– If you have any symptoms, no matter how mild, do not join a U3A Bendigo Activity. Please get tested for COVID-19 and isolate until a negative test result is given.
Updated 31 July 2021
Changes have been introduced as we come out of our 5th Lockdown, to slow the spread of COVID-19, by slowing people moving around Victoria.
- Victorians are asked to:
- please get a COVID test if you have the slightest symptoms
- stay home until you receive a negative response
- please get a COVID vaccination if you haven’t already had one
- obtain as much information as you can about the vaccines on offer to you
- please wear face masks indoors and outdoors whenever you leave your home. Face masks do not need to be worn indoors or outdoors if you are working alone, unless another person enters that indoor or outdoor space
- You can leave your home in an emergency or if there is family violence
More information can be found at While Risks Remain, Victoria Can Take Cautious Steps Ahead.
and at https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/coronavirus-covidsafe-settings