Easing of restrictions
- From 11:59pm tonight Friday 26 February, Victoria will return to the previous COVIDSafe settings that were in place prior to the Black Rock outbreak.
- Victorians will be able to host up to 30 people in their home per day and outdoor gatherings can increase to 100.
- Meanwhile, public and private sector office workers can return to work at up to 75 per cent a day.
- Masks will be only be required on public transport, in rideshare vehicles and taxis, in sensitive settings such as aged care facilities – and in some larger retail settings including indoor shopping centres, supermarkets, department stores and indoor markets.
- Density limits remain for pubs, restaurants and cafes, beauty services, retail business, gyms, funerals and wedding and nightclubs and community facilities, such as libraries, RSLs and community halls.
- For more information on the new coronavirus settings visit Coronavirus (COVID-19) Victoria.