Convenors Meeting – 23 June 2021:
This Convenors’ meeting was very well attended and informative but in case you were unable to be there, following are a few of the points raised on the day.
– Attendance Sheets. Please deliver or post these to the office at the end of each quarter – i.e. March, June, Sept and December – whether they are full or not. Once we check these, Lex Milne collects them and compiles valuable statistics which COM uses for future planning. Alternatively you can scan and email the forms to email@example.com
– Please encourage members in your group to wear their name badges. These have important next of kin information on them, which may be important in the event of an accident or health emergency.
– If you need to amend any details of your activity – e.g. time, venue, convenor, etc – please forward the details to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will amend UMAS (which in turn amends the Prospectus) and we’ll also notify the BUZZ editor. This will ensure that these all have the same information. There are also two forms on the U3A website which can be used to record any amendments and then dropped in to the office.
– Please ensure that all of your group’s participants are familiar with using the QR Code to check in to St Mary’s or have one of your group check them in. It would be terrible if U3A and the member were to be fined for not complying with the government regulations.
– A convenors questionnaire had been emailed to convenors, and hard copies were available for those who preferred them. The responses are being summarised now, and the report will be emailed to all convenors and co-convenors. Late responses are still welcome, and key suggestions will be reported, although they may not feature in the summary.
Thank you for your valuable contribution to U3A Bendigo.
All the best,Activities Coordination Team
Please remember that whilst we will carry out these meetings face to face, we’re also aiming to use ZOOM. If you would like to use this technology, please contact David and we will create an invitation for you to attend. It’s good to hear from those who have taken up this offer and found the experience to be well worth it.
After the Convenors’ Meetings we’d love to have you stay on for the Social Gathering which is on the same day at 2pm until 4pm. Please remember the change of time. We are aiming to provide you with a relaxed afternoon, with guest speakers or entertainment of some kind, and some fun along the way.
Masks and Physical Distancing
Restrictions mean that we need members to please wear masks indoors, unless there’s an exemption, also to please physical distance yourselves.