Chair-Mark King: To formally review the processes for the annual Enrolment and make recommendations to the Committee of Management (CoM), for improvements.
We also recommend that renewing members pay subscriptions online wherever possible, citing their member number so we can allocate payments correctly.
Remember: it’s just $15 per year for the Newsletter (The BUZZ) to be mailed to you.
Chair – Cheryl Hardie:
Overall Purpose: To position U3A Bendigo as a substantially and continuously developing organisation, improving its status and recognition as a significant, sustainable, viable, voluntary organisation.
Detailed Purpose: The Purpose of the Strategic Planning Group is to make recommendations to the U3A Bendigo Committee of Management on:
- Building Capacity
- Establishing Annexes perhaps in Epsom, Eaglehawk, Kangaroo Flat, Strathfieldsaye and across the CoGB
- Building capability of U3A Bendigo CoM and ordinary members in the use of technology etc
- Promotion – Marketing, Advertising – stats say 85% of new members come from existing members/word of mouth. Local newspapers, Bendigo Advertiser and Church articles. (We also give talks at Rotary etc.) Could use Radio more.
- Financial planning
- Growth – Financial memberships and facilities. Volunteer in charge.
This may include:
- Strategies to build capacity of U3A Bendigo to offer more or different types of Activities
- Strategies to build capability of U3A Bendigo CoM members in the use of technology etc
- Strategies to improve communications
- Defining what we mean by “Growth”
- considering information contained in New Members Pack
- Budget for 2022 – Jan to Dec., as well as 2023 – 2027
- Promoting U3A Bendigo through online and off line processes