Enrolment Day Processes
Chair-Mark King: To formally review the processes for the Enrolment Day 2022 and make recommendations to the Committee of Management (CoM), for improvements.
We recommend that we have a “flow” of mask-wearing-members, all physical distancing, as they enter and leave St Mary’s. Everything will be conducted in the Hall, with everywhere else off-limits, wherever possible.
We also recommend that renewing members pay subscriptions online wherever possible, citing their member number so we can allocate payments correctly.
Remember: it’s just $15 per year for the Newsletter (The BUZZ) to be mailed to you.
Chair – Cheryl Hardie:
Overall Purpose: To position U3A Bendigo as a substantially and continuously developing organisation, improving its status and recognition as a significant, sustainable, viable, voluntary organisation.
Detailed Purpose: The Purpose of the Strategic Planning Group is to make recommendations to the U3A Bendigo Committee of Management on:
- Building Capacity
- Establishing Annexes perhaps in Epsom, Eaglehawk, Kangaroo Flat, Strathfieldsaye and across the CoGB
- Building capability of U3A Bendigo CoM and ordinary members in the use of technology etc
- Promotion – Marketing, Advertising – stats say 85% of new members come from existing members/word of mouth. Local newspapers, Bendigo Advertiser and Church articles. (We also give talks at Rotary etc.) Could use Radio more.
- Financial planning
- Growth – Financial memberships and facilities. Volunteer in charge.
This may include:
- Strategies to build capacity of U3A Bendigo to offer more or different types of Activities
- Strategies to build capability of U3A Bendigo CoM members in the use of technology etc
- Strategies to improve communications
- Defining what we mean by “Growth”
- considering information contained in New Members Pack
- Budget for 2022 – Jan to Dec., as well as 2023 – 2027
- Promoting U3A Bendigo through online and off line processes