Chair – Cheryl Hardie:
Overall Purpose: To position U3A Bendigo as a substantially and continuously developing organisation, improving its status and recognition as a significant, sustainable, viable, voluntary organisation.
Detailed Purpose: The Purpose of the Strategic Planning Group is to make recommendations to the U3A Bendigo Committee of Management on:
- Building Capacity
- Establishing Annexes perhaps in Epsom, Eaglehawk, Kangaroo Flat, Strathfieldsaye and across the CoGB
- Building capability of U3A Bendigo CoM and ordinary members in the use of technology etc
- Promotion – Marketing, Advertising – stats say 85% of new members come from existing members/word of mouth. Local newspapers, Bendigo Advertiser and Church articles. (We have also given talks at Rotary etc.) Could use Radio more.
- Financial planning
- Growth – Financial memberships and facilities. Volunteer in charge.
This may include:
- Strategies to build capacity of U3A Bendigo to offer more or different types of Activities
- Strategies to build capability of U3A Bendigo CoM members in the use of technology etc
- Strategies to improve communications
- Defining what we mean by “Growth”
- considering information contained in New Members Pack
- Budget for 2021 – Jan to Dec., as well as 2021 – 2026
- Promoting U3A Bendigo through online and off line processes
Chair-Cheryl Scully: To investigate alternative venues for any of the groups looking for larger sites, given the current COVID restrictions and who feel that the hall and meeting rooms at St Mary’s are not suitable.
Enrolment Day Processes
Chair-Mark King: To formally review the processes for the Enrolment Day 2021 and make recommendations to the Committee of Management (CoM), for improvements. During the Review Process and subsequent lifting of most restrictions, it has become clear that we needed to plan for Activities in the Hall, as well as for smaller groups that can use Rooms 1 and 2.
We are recommending that we have a “flow” of mask-wearing-members, all physical distancing, as they enter and leave St Mary’s. Everything will be conducted in the Hall, with everywhere else off-limits, wherever possible. Convenors won’t need to sit behind tables, as in other years, however if some Convenors would like to attend and help, we would be very grateful.
Another recommendation was that we have 2 Open Days. One on the 27 January for existing members and one on 28 January for new members and those who couldn’t make the 27th. The “days” will be from 10am-2pm, any questions please direct them to Ian.
We’re also recommended that renewing members pay subscriptions online wherever possible, citing their member number so we can allocate payments correctly.
Remember: if you paid a FULL membership in 2020, you will be entitled to a discount this year, only needing to pay $40 for 2021 and perhaps an extra $15 per year for the Newsletter (The BUZZ) to be mailed to you.
Chair-Lyn Goodall: to formally review the processes for Social Gatherings and make recommendations to the Committee of Management (CoM), for improvements. During the Review Process, it has become clear that if we want to create a safe, fun yet relaxed social afternoon, we need to change a few things.
We have created a Social Gathering Policy, to inform members of these changes and for this purpose we are going to adjust the time for the Gatherings ie
Any other group operating in the Hall to be scheduled
to end their session by 1pm to allow for cleaning etc
2pm Start for a coffee/tea and catch up,
2,30pm Speaker or Entertainment
Social Gathering to end it’s meeting by 4pm to allow for final cleaning etc
Most Social Gatherings will also be available on Zoom, even when we can meet face to face in the Hall at St Mary’s.
We will begin our Social Gatherings in March 2021.
We hope you will enjoy the new format and times and
join us to have some fun.